Friday, August 17, 2018

when vegetables need to be paired with chardonnay


We hosted friends for wine club last night and the chosen feature wine was chardonnay. We marinated and barbecued pork tenderloin and I wanted a satisfying veggie dish to serve along side the wine that was rich but not too heavy. I referenced this pairing guide, and after browsing the grocery store for ten minutes came up with a new vegetable dish that was a big hit and super easy to throw together!

:: Here's how I made it ::

:: To start, I cubed sweet potato, marinated with curry, chili powder, garlic powder and salt and roasted at 375 for 30 minutes.
:: I sauteed squash zoodles in a big fry pan with butter and lots of salt and pepper and layered that as the base of the dish. The sweet potato went on top.
:: Finished with lots of curled parmesan and a handful of chopped pecans.
:: I made a dressing that I served in a pitcher on the table. Combined mayo, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, salt - emulsify with olive oil. Chop up a handful of whatever herbs you have and add. (We have a herb garden in the backyard, so I added oregeno, parsley, basil, dill and rosemary)

No comments:

Post a Comment