Monday, October 15, 2018

san antonio + austin

{ illustration via }

We leave for Texas next Saturday! I think it's fair to say that D and I are very much looking forward to this trip. We can't wait to escape work stress for a week and get in a good visit with his parents. We're splitting our time between San Antonio and Austin for the 8 nights were in town. 


S A N   A N T O N I O



I've booked us at Maverick for our first dinner together on Sunday night. Maverick is described as a Texan Brasserie and the space itself looks beautiful. It's within walking distance from our B&B on the river walk too.  


D's parents have friends coming to meet us for dinner one night, and I thought Clementine sounded lovely. It's run by a husband and wife team and the food looks fresh and well thought out. 

+ + + + + 

A U S T I N


D's Mom had a special milestone birthday recently, so we've booked a surprise brunch at Forthright Cafe to celebrate. 



I spotted Arlo Grey on instagram and was immediately drawn to the beautiful view. Turns out it's part of The Line Hotel run by the winner of Top Chef season 10. I'm really looking forward to a tasty dinner here.

+ + + + +
In an effort not to over plan our trip, I've kept reservations to a minimum. Part of the fun of vacation is seeing where the days take you, and enjoying the spontaneity of adventuring in a new city. I have a big list of spots that we can check out if time allows and use for inspiration. During my research I found that happy hour is a big thing in Texas.. so I think we're going to do just fine  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment