Thursday, March 7, 2019

life updates

It's been a hot second. Life, in all it's goodness, took me away for a moment, but I'm back and wanted to share a few updates about what's been going on lately.

Wife Life. We celebrated our two year wedding anniversary on February 25th! As they say, time flies when you're having fun. We had a lovely dinner at a french restaurant across the street from where we got married which felt perfectly corny and opened a gifted bottle of wine that was from the year we started dating - 2005 (the most thoughtful wedding gift from my mom's best friend).

I'm off birth control. (holy crap!) A few weeks ago I took my last birth control pill. I didn't have any refill packs hiding in my bathroom drawer and when that first Sunday rolled around, for the first time in about fourteen years I didn't start a new pack.
We've traveled lots, bought a beautiful home and truly taken time to enjoy each other. It's a special time in that we're selfishly able to focus on our relationship and indulge in our wants but it's also been really exciting to realize that we're now ready to grow our family.
Don't get me wrong, we're not starting tomorrow...but I've met with my doctor, purchased some pre-natal vitamins and downloaded a period tracking app. After being on the pill for so long, I'd like a few months to flush it out of my system.
This whole next chapter feels private and part of me is scared that I will try to over plan getting pregnant or over share with too many people with the fear we might not be able to get pregnant right away. But in the same breath, reality is, I'm no good at keeping secrets and this is the start of such an exciting time in our lives and I want to share that and feel supported.

Drew got hurt. This is relatively new but significantly affecting. Drew tore his ACL last week playing frisbee. He's been patient, learning to hobble around with a brace on crutches and gracious for all the help I've been trying to give. The hospital has been great with booking us into the clinics and for tests and we're waiting for an appointment next week that will hopefully give us more answers.

Leaving on a jet plane. We have some exciting travel planned over the next several months. I can say with complete confidence, nothing makes me more excited then having trips booked to look forward to.
Orlando - I'm celebrating my younger sister's upcoming wedding with a bachelorette weekend at Disney. We don't get to see each other very often, so its extra special to get a few days just the two of us. She's also the funniest and most fun human I know - I can't imagine a better person to go to Disney with.
Italy - We agreed a last hurrah was appropriate before trying to start a family and so we're off to Italy for ten days in May. We're still working out the details of our trip but I am overthemoon pumped to be heading back to Europe. (I am working out these days exclusively for the ability to eat all the pizza and pasta I want.)
Whistler - Refer back to aforementioned sister's wedding... We'll be out in Whistler for a week in June to celebrate my sister and her fiance getting married. A bunch of friends and family will be reunited in town for the party and it's guaranteed to be a blast.
Delaware - While I likely would have never visited this state, a friend's family has a summer house on Bethany Beach and invited us down for a summer weekend. A group of friends are headed down for a long weekend in July to relax and soak up some sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment