Wednesday, September 25, 2019

easy on the earth

There's no escaping the current focus on climate change (especially after this speech) and the spotlight on ways to live in a more earth-friendly manner. And rightly so, I'm admittedly not as educated as I should be, but I know that it's important we start to pay more attention. I find it can sometimes feel overwhelming to know where to start, but I think small efforts will eventually lead to a more substantial shift in awareness. Here are a few products that can help kick start a more conscious lifestyle.


D and I recently ordered the shopping set, which includes two large canvas bags (with pockets inside to keep everything in place), two market totes (think those hole-y french-style tote bags), and ten of the above shown mesh produce bags. They're cream, cavas/cotton and so chic looking. My new routine when I get to the grocery store is to put my shopper in the top of the cart and lay out all my mesh bags, that way as I go through the product section I can select the best bag sizes. The cashier simply opens the draw string when you're checking out to see what's inside. It's super easy and convenient, and I've avoided using those horrid single use plastic bags for over a month now! We plan on gifting these mesh produce bags to family and friends for the upcoming holiday season :)




We have two of the sandwich sized bags at home and reach for them often. We always try to sub-out ziploc bags when possible and these are perfect for throwing fruit or nuts into your bag. They are dishwasher safe and they seal tightly. The sandwich bags were $17 each but I'm planning on purchasing more overtime. They've introduced some cut colors too, but I'm a fan of the clear!



I don't know about you, but I feel guilty every time I reach for a throw away plastic straw. We've done away with them at home - substituting in cute paper straws and metal straws but these silicone options are great for on-the-go. The carrying case keeps your purse-germs at bay and really leaves you without any excuse to avoid using plastic straws. 
Sadly, this brilliant straw kit by Food52 doesn't ship to Canada but you can bet I'll be ordering it once they introduce international shipping. 

No comments:

Post a Comment