Thursday, February 7, 2013

a treat for your sweetheart



I'm all about reminding the special people in your life how much you love them and what better way to do it then with homemade treats!? I mean really, does it get any better than buttery rice krispie squares...? I thought I'd share two of my tips for making the best rice krispie squares - 
1. ) always use real butter, margarine just doesn't cut it 
2.) use the bottom of a glass to press the krispies into the pan 
To make the treats extra special, I wrapped them up in parchment and tied them off with pink string. 


{ I cut the rounded sides off to create perfect edged squares }


{ All you need is parchment paper, scissors and string/yarn }



{ Roll down the parchment and wrap it down and under like a present }


{ I cut three pieces of string for each parcel }


{ End result... Delicious little treats for your Valentine! }


{ And no one here is complaining about the left overs... }


I do have to share my feelings on Valentine's Day... I think it's a wonderful holiday, any day that celebrates love and special people is a good day in my books. With that said, I don't think the commercialized aspect (read: expensive presents, extravagant dinners, etc) of what the day has become is what it should all be about. So, I encourage and urge you to focus on spending time with people who matter and making sure they feel extra loved come the 14th! (and maybe I've inspired you to do that with homemade treats!)



No comments:

Post a Comment