Monday, June 23, 2014

a guide to: buck-a-shuck


I don't know about you, but I love oysters. It's not a food I was a fan of at first, and I don't even know what really changed my mind, but all of the sudden they have become one of my favorite indulgences. I get that not everyone loves them, the texture can be off putting and they're expensive little suckers! - but for all you other oyster lovers I have a secret to share. There are restaurants in Toronto that have oyster specials where they only charge $1 per oyster (instead of the typical $2-3 each)! Heading to The Saint for oysters and wine is one of my favorite date nights and I love that their specials allow it to be a more frequent happening.

Here's my favorite three picks for buck-a-shuck nights (I'm working on finding a spot for each day of the week - I'll get back to you when I fill in the blanks):

Sunday, Monday, Tuesday - The Saint Tavern
Thursday - La Societe
Friday - The Beast

Update: Tuesdays at Boehmer (half priced wine too!)
Wednesdays at Camp

No comments:

Post a Comment