Thursday, July 10, 2014

date nights


Last Friday D got home from work a little early and before leaving my office I suggested he bike to meet me on my regular route and we can stop in for a 'TGIF' drink somewhere. We decided that we'd meet on Ossington and play it by ear. I arrived before him and snagged a table when there was no line-up at Bellwoods Brewery (a very rare occasion). As I sat waiting for D to show up I felt a giddy excitement, wondering when he would arrive, what he would be wearing - not doubting he'd be a most handsome date and just looking forward to catching up on our days. I have no complaints about our day to day companionship but I can say that biking to meet each other at the restaurant felt like a romantic, fun twist to our regular routine.  (Oh, and by the way, I'm usually a cheese lover, but we opted for this meat board instead and it totally rocked! Who knew grilled salami could be so addictive)


I'm curious, do you have any date night rituals? 

No comments:

Post a Comment