Friday, July 29, 2016

wedding update


Well, as you may have noticed by my lack of blog posts, life has been busy and wedding planning is to blame! Although there is still a lengthy 'to-do' list, we've made some exciting progress...

Venue: We're getting married at 99 Sudbury. We researched a lot of venues and the selection was limited for unique downtown spaces that can accommodate 200 guests but 99 Sudbury was the second space we saw and is a big blank canvas. We took our parents to check it out last week and it was so exciting seeing the space again and imagining what it will transform into the night of the wedding.


Dress: I've ordered my dress! I'm keeping my cards close to my chest on this one, but it feels so great to have found a wedding dress. We had 8 different appointments and I think I tried on over 40 dresses; and as much fun as it was, I'm glad the search is over and I'm so thankful to have such a patient Momma. 


Save the Date: I was so impressed with our Minted engagement party invites, that we used the same template for our save the dates. I liked the idea of having a similar design for both the engagement invite and the save the date, so it's streamline and then we can introduce a new aesthetic with the wedding invite. I'm a huge stationery nerd, so I've really enjoyed this tiny part of planning. 


Bridal Party: We've officially asked all our bridesmaids & groomsmen to be a special part of the day! I have two bridesmaids - one childhood friend and one friend from university, and my sister is my maid of honor. We're going to forego the uniform bridesmaid look and they'll each wear a floor length black gown of their choosing! I'm looking forward to a few more shopping trips :) As for bachelorette celebrations, the four of us are spending a weekend in Miami in January and I'm so looking forward to a mini girls getaway!


Engagement Party: We were lucky enough to get to celebrate our engagement with family and friends last Saturday at a party hosted at my parents house. D's parents and grandma flew into town and it wouldn't have been the same without them there. Food Dudes, who we're using for the wedding, did the catering and the food was so delicious, it was a fun and tasty test run! It was so much fun mingling and chatting with everyone, and the night ended with swimming and a dance party. 


We're currently working on (1) finding a photographer to work with, (2) booking a band (which feels super important, because they're responsible for the dance party) and (3) meeting with florists!

There will still be more to do, but during the planning process, we've tried to set small goals and priorities to work towards and its worked for D and I. We set aside time to tackle researching vendors or making decisions and we celebrate the progress we make. Thankfully, it's made the planning process very enjoyable up to this point!

{ bridal photos via Sash & Bustle Intagram }

No comments:

Post a Comment