Monday, November 13, 2017

office artwork


The house is coming together swimmingly. Furniture is fitting into place and the home is taking on a relaxed, calm vibe. The only major thing left to do is place and hang artwork. We've saved some of our favourite larger pieces and new pieces for the living space on the main floor, but I wanted something for the walls in the office. The room will eventually be transformed into a nursery, so I wanted to keep it cheap and pretty. 



I came across my 2016 wall calendar with the most beautiful Garance Dore illustrations. I've been a huge fan of hers since the days back when she dated The Sartorialist. The calendar had large prints and I knew I could easily cut off the dates at the bottom of my favourite ones. I used a straight edge and exacto knife to cut away the calendar and top edge and was left with a stack of brand new prints. 



I had seen the idea online and searched the web for the dowel hanger system. I found some handmade cedar sets on Rug & Weave, a husband and wife run company based in Guelph. They provide such a simple aesthetic and allow me to easily change out the print. I am in love with the final finished look. 




No comments:

Post a Comment