Thursday, December 1, 2011

thoughtful thursday..life's simple pleasures

thought i would share some silly thoughts that are making me happy lately...

kisses on the forehead... for some reason I find these kisses extra sweet.

being thanked. whether it’s in passing for something small like holding a door open, or a genuine heart-felt thank you, manners should never go unnoticed or unappreciated.

getting a good parking space. while the walk could do us all some good, there’s nothing better than getting a prime parking spot! (especially with holiday shopping upon us)

when a great movie is on tv unexpectedly. with the holiday season approaching i find this is more common.. but I love turning on the tv to randomly find a good flick. it’s usually like a wednesday at 7 or something like that, but its always a nice treat. my dad told me how “actually love” (he got a little confused - he was really watching “love actually”) was on the other night and he started to watch it and stayed up until 1am to finish it because it was just too good!

finding a good christmas gift. personally, i find as much joy in giving gifts during the holiday season as I do in receiving. i love the feeling of finding a gift that you just know that special person is going to adore!

a good haircut! i had my hair cut this week and i'm so pleased. i always get nervous but i've found a great hairdresser and even though he's only chopped my locks twice, i totally trust him. his names matthew, and he's in a band, and he's recently engaged. his motto was "the hair you don't cut is just as important as the hair you do cut" - which was like music to my ears - since i almost always leave anxious about how short my hair is now.
i find it funny to hear each girls hair stories. what's your hair ritual? same person every time? do you give them free range? i'd love to hear what your routine consists of!?


enough blabbering. until tomorrow.xo

No comments:

Post a Comment