Saturday, April 6, 2013

a first impression


With the idea of decorating a new home constantly churning in the back of my mind, I loved seeing Camille Styles post on a stylish entryways. It's the first impression your house gives to guests and it is also how you are welcomed back into your home every time you enter. 

My priorities in styling an entryway are... 
  • balance masculine and feminine elements 
  • create storage in a cool, visually appealing way (my coat and shoe collection will be no small feat)
  • make the space useable (lighting, key dish, wall hooks)
  • make guests feel welcome (I want people to feel good when they visit our place - have an accessible space for shoes and coats and maybe a photo wall of friends and family to show how much we love coming home to their smiling faces)


No comments:

Post a Comment