Wednesday, April 24, 2013

good eats: playa cabana


I had a night out with girlfriends from university last week. We're all self-proclaimed "foodies", and there are particular allergies that exist within the group - so choosing a restaurant, let alone a date, is always a detailed, lengthy process. I wasn't overly excited for Mexican food when we decided on a restaurant, but I'm glad I kept my opinions to myself, because our meal at Playa Cabana (the Dupont & Davenport location) was amazing. Better than Mexico Mexican, but with the same type of tequilla- doused margaritas enjoyed on vacation. I ordered a braised steak burrito that was covered in two different type of tomato sauces that I thoroughly enjoyed. Each bite was better than the last, and I barely managed to save a few bites to bring home to D so that he'd be on board the next time I wanted to go. The location we were at was tiny, but they have a second location on Dundas West. I was stoked to see Toronto Life highlighting this Mexican eatery. I've been to Grand Electric, and although it was truly great, this was better. But hey, I'm not claiming to be no Mexican aficionado, so go try em for yourself!

No comments:

Post a Comment