Sunday, June 23, 2013

real men eat quiche


When I was younger, I hated quiche. I'm talking "I refuse to eat that" tantrums when my mom used to serve it for dinner. That being said, it's funny how things change :)
Quiche is such a nice way to get loads of veg into a meal, plus the protein of egg and the tastiness of cheese and a flaky crust. 

We bought frozen pie crust which made things super easy and we actually used the quiche recipe on the box for guidance. You can obviously combine any flavors you like but we used red pepper, mushroom, onion, spinach and brie. Another bonus was that we had cut up some extra veggies and had enough filling to make a second quiche to freeze for later.

We simply cooked down the vegetables together in a little vegetable oil and garlic, then poured them into the thawed crusts and topped with the cheese, herbs (basil and thyme) and the eggs that had been whisked together with the milk. You cook the quiche on 400 degrees for 10 minutes, then lower the heat to 350 degrees for the remaining 30 minutes. 









I can't wait to try some other flavor combinations. I want to try ham with cheddarar and goats cheese with roasted peppers. What combinations would you try?



No comments:

Post a Comment