Friday, June 14, 2013

some firsts

Since moving into our new place, we've been keeping busy and there's been lots of new "firsts". I've been careful to not let the time just pass by, by am trying to soak in these memories. I have no doubts that this is the start of yet another chapter of my life with D, but this one feels pretty darn special. I thought I would share my favorite five "firsts" from the past week...

1. Our first home cooked meal together. We made baked salmon, salad with blue cheese and boiled potatoes. We don't have a table but we sat on the ground around our coffee table and chatted about our days over white wine and food.

2. My first Skype date. When our cable got hooked up on Wednesday and I couldn't wait to connect with some loved ones that live far away. My sister and I had a long, wonderful catch up over Skype and I showed off our new place. One of the best parts was seeing her dog Bentley react to my voice. He was so excited/confused, he started looking for me behind the computer screen.

3. Biking to work for the first time. I was a little nervous, afraid that hardcore downtown bikers might whiz by me, but I was pleasantly surprised that my back street route was quiet and relatively untraveled, and I was able to enjoy riding along the streets of Toronto.

4. Our first after work drink date. Yesterday D met me on Ossington and we browsed in a few shops then went for a snack and a drink at Union. It was raining out and we sat at the window bar, once again catching up about our days and watching passerby's dodge the raindrops.

5. Our first Sunday morning coffee date. Last week we slept in (which is about the easiest thing to do in our new bed and 1500 thread count sheets) and we got up and walked down Roncesvalles to Lit Espresso Bar for a coffee and scone. Hand in hand, looking into the different shops and people watching - it was the perfect start to the day. I look forward to many more Saturday and Sunday mornings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment