Wednesday, September 25, 2013

nyc: saturday


Saturday started off with yet another tasty brunch at Saxon + Parole. They had a great deal where you got a coffee, cocktail and entree dish for $25 - it's one of Corey's favorites and it was easy to see why. The bloody mary garnish bar was the coolest I've ever seen and the restaurant had a beautiful rustic charm. 







We fueled up and headed via subway for a day in Brooklyn. In all my trips to NYC, I had never been to Brooklyn but I can say I'd be happy to go back anytime we're back in the city. We went to Williamsburg and walked along the street market on Bedford Street. I treated myself to a beautiful piece from Catbird - I've swooned over their jewelry for years and finally chose a thin, hammered rose gold ring. Corey took us to a rooftop bar at the Wythe Hotel which had the craziest views of Manhattan, and Smorgasburg was only a short walk away. We played games in the beer tent and ventured out to try some of the different foods. I tried an AsiaDog and then we shared delicious fish tacos too! Some friends from Toronto were in town and others had recently moved to NYC so it was a big, fun rendezvous that continued on into the night!



{ A little harsh, but true nonetheless }











The night continued on at Hotel Chantelle where we had dinner and then Spitzer's for some fancy cocktails. Cheers to Corey for picking such awesome spots! He toured us around as though he's lived in the city for years.





No comments:

Post a Comment