Monday, December 9, 2013

DIY christmas wreath


Having our own place with the holidays has been so much fun. I've loved getting to decorate and coming up with creative ways to add festive touches around the house. This DIY wreath took about 30 minutes to make, cost only about $20 and is such a lovely reminder of the holiday season when you come in through the back door.


{ Dollarama is a great spot to pick up decorative ornament balls on the cheap }




{ I started by anchoring the larger ornaments with string to the wreath's wire 'frame' }


{ Once I had the three large ornaments in place, I found it easier to add the other pieces with the wreath hanging. Add as much or as little as you'd like }


{ Finally, I glued in some scented pine cones that add a pretty, natural element. I have to say I love the simple look I ended up with. It's sometimes easy to get carried away adding bits and bobbles, but I think less is always more }


{ We had some left over ornaments that are now strung up in the kitchen that add some festive cheer to the measurements chart that I'm sure will come in handy when the holiday baking begins }



No comments:

Post a Comment