Monday, December 2, 2013

DIY festive gift tags


One of the benefits of being so enthusiastic about Christmas is that I start with all things holidays as early as possible. One of my favorite parts of Christmas is spoiling all my family and friends - I find such genuine pleasure in the act of giving. I always send out Christmas cards with my loving sentiments but needed little gift tags to keep the presents straight! 
There's nothing complicated about these gift tags and if you have some time over the coming weeks before Christmas I think they give a sweet, homemade touch to any gift!

 


{ What you'll need: }
- holiday themed rubber stamps (Michaels had a great selection on sale for $1.50 each) 
-ink pad (color of choice)
-hole punch
- festive ribbon (keep the diameter of your hole punch in mind)
- marker (silver or gold)
- thick paper (I used a few pages of my watercolor paper)
- scissors or paper cutter
- to/from stamp (alternatively, you could print this onto the paper)


{ I started off by figuring out how many tags I would be able to fit on each sheet of paper. I took my time cutting them, then punched a hole for the ribbon in each one }


{ I decided on four different designs, mixing and matching the image with the text. I created a little cheat sheet to keep me on track. Then I got to stamping... }


{ I added in a silver detail at the bottom of each card, keeping it unique on each design }


{ The back of each tag was stamped with a To: & From: stamp that also has a line for a short little message }




{ Finally, I measured the length of ribbon needed for each tag and cut each piece, then strung them through the hole. I left the ends untied to allow me to tie them onto whatever gifts I have }



{ The end result were adorable, festive tags - perfect to keep the presents addressed under the tree! }




{ gift paper - Ikea; red twine - Ikea; present toppers - Dollarama }

No comments:

Post a Comment