Wednesday, December 30, 2015

homemade chicken wings


I had some time off last week, which as great as it was, I have to admit I was a tad lonely. I begged D to stay home from work on the 23rd with me to no avail, but decided to celebrate when he finally joined me on holidays that evening. As is the case with any man, chicken wings and beer is an easy way to satisfy. 
I took a walk down to our local butcher shop, Custodio Meats & Eats and picked up about two pounds of chicken wings. Having no idea where to start with cooking chicken wings, I asked the butcher, who was very helpful with instructions. 
The butcher had teamed up with a local espresso shop to make homemade coffee bbq sauce that seemed like the perfect sauce to douse the wings in. It was smokey and sweet and seriously delicious. 
The end result was restaurant worthy, the beer was significantly cheaper and stretchy pants are much more socially acceptable when at home on the couch. Read below for the cooking instructions.






Blue Cheese Chicken Wings:

1-2lbs raw chicken wings
salt & pepper
bbq sauce blue cheese

1. Preheat oven to 300 degrees.
2. Lay chicken wings on baking tray and apply salt & pepper.
3. Bake for 45 minutes, flipping wings every 15 minutes.
4. Increase oven to 450 degrees.
5. Baste wings in sauce and bake for 5 minutes.
6. Flip wings and brush with remaining sauce. Bake for 5 minutes.
7. Sprinkle crumbled blue cheese on top.
8. Serve & Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment