Thursday, June 16, 2016

engagement party


There are a lot of things to consider when planning a wedding and I've found the most fun part is how you get to personalize the process and day into something that works best for you and your partner.

While most brides have one, for me, the idea of a bridal shower wasn't something that I am fond of. There were a few who were initially surprised but it's been great how supportive everyone has been with me straying from convention.

I do however love the idea of having the opportunity to celebrate this special interim period of being engaged with family and friends - thus, we've planned an engagement party! My parents have been gracious enough to host and we'll have the event catered so everyone can just have fun. My favorite part is that D and I will get to celebrate and enjoy together.

We ordered the invites from Minted and they just came this week. I'm thrilled with the crisp, modern look and the hint of shimmer from the silver foil edging. It's the first visual element of the wedding that we share with people and I'm so happy with how they turned out. It's no secret that I love sending snail mail, so choosing invites was something I was really looking forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment