Wednesday, June 15, 2016

my favorite bridal shops

If you have planned a wedding or are planning a wedding, you are likely well aware of how many options exist for all things wedding! There are hundreds of photographers, florists, caterers - it's sometimes difficult to get a foot hold on where to start... I was excited to start shopping for a dress and knew it was an experience I wanted to share with my mom and only those closest to me. I had been to a few shops during my stint as a bridesmaid and there were a couple that came recommended. Here are the shops I've visited so far...

Mrs. Bridal - a boutique shop on Davenport with the sweetest staff members. The accessories are curated beautifully and their dress selection is small but lovely.

Pearl Bridal - a shop in downtown Port Credit with a great selection of gowns. The ladies are welcoming and there's a bridemaid shop upstairs if you're looking to kill two birds with one stone.

White - a luxurious shop in Yorkville that carried high end international designers. The service was terrific and made for a really enjoyable appointment. (they give you cookies too!)

I have yet to find a dress (!) so I still have appointments at Kleinfelds, Felichia and will book at Lovers Land if needed... I'd love to hear any suggestions from all of you experienced brides.

Keeping the dress a surprise: A friend who got married in October kept her dress a secret until her wedding day and it was so much fun anticipating what she was going to wear on her walk down the isle. I've appointed my Momma as official photographer so that I am able to look back on what I try on and invited my two bridesmaids to attend appointments in person, so they are able to see what I choose. We have skyped in D's mom and my sister during appointments so they can get in on the fun from far away :)

No comments:

Post a Comment