Tuesday, October 4, 2016

my skincare routine


Since getting engaged I've been putting a huge emphasis on my skin. It's been one of my biggest beauty insecurities so I've been diligent about paying extra attention to my daily routine and the  products I'm using. 

In addition to monthly facials that I've been getting, here are some of my favorite at home products... 


Unfortunately, I'm prone to small blemishes and the occasional pimple (which makes me feel like I'm 13). This Origins Super Spot Remover acne treatment is great for drying out pimples but doesn't over dry and redden surrounding skin. The La Roche-Posay Cicaplast was described to me as a beauty SOS cream and it really helps heal blemishes and lessen scarring. 


In between my facials, I'll do 2-3 at-home masks. I'm a fan of how my skin reacts to Origin products, and I love the Clear Improvements charcoal mask. The charcoal feels good at application and leaves my skin feeling super clean. I use a Fresh soy cleanser when I travel and like this Rose Face Mask as a less intense alternative - plus it smells like rose water.


One of the tips and feedback I hear most after my facials is that I need to moisturize more. I've used the same daily Neutrogena moisturizer ever since I can remember and have added an Olay night cream into my routine for the past year (it was rated by some beauty editors as the best drug mart night cream). I've also had fun with these I'm Real Aloe Sheet Masks I picked up in New York, they leave my skin feeling hydrated to the max!

+ + + + + 

I'd love to know - what are your beauty go-to products? What's on your bathroom counter at the moment? 

No comments:

Post a Comment