Monday, December 10, 2012

figs & blue cheese wrapped in prosciutto


I used to associate figs as being the same as prunes - aka. I didn't think too highly of them. Until I recently gave them another go. Whether fresh or roasted, they're sweet and tender with tiny little seeds. We had family for dinner this weekend and as I was walking through the grocery store I saw fresh figs and knew I had to use some somehow. I decided to a flavor combo using blue cheese, prosciutto, figs and farm fresh honey and I have to say the flavors married very nicely. 





Figs & Blue Cheese Wrapped in Prosciutto with Honey
(served 8)

4 fresh figs - quartered
150g sliced prosciutto - each piece cut in half length wise
3 tbsp warmed honey

Cut your blue cheese into pieces that are about the same length/height as the figs. Holding the fig and cheese together begin wrapping the prosciutto around until you reach the end. Skewer with a toothpick to hold in place and place on cooking tray. Repeat until all the figs are used. Drizzle all the little morsels with honey. Place in oven at 350 degrees for 5-8 minutes, or until the meat is crisping slightly and the cheese is oozing out. Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment