Friday, February 7, 2014

omelette


I look forward to weekend breakfasts all week long. In an effort to give D a break from cooking (he makes the yummiest scrambled eggs) and in an effort to fulfill my craving for an omelette - I took over making Saturday's breakfast a few weeks ago. I kept the ingredients simple but the finished product was exactly what I had craved - fluffy eggs and gooey cheese. Hoping this might inspire your weekend breakfast - see below for how I made them. 







How to Make:

Finely grate old cheddar cheese (as much or little as desired)
Finely chop green onion
Whisk 2 eggs for a minute
Heat butter in a frying pan over medium-high heat. 
(Important: You want the pan hot when you put the eggs in)
Pour eggs in, turn down the heat and cover pan. 
When the eggs are close to cooked spread grated cheese and green onion over half.
Replace lid to melt cheese. Once melted, fold non-cheesy half over on cheese and green onion. 
Enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment