Tuesday, February 18, 2014

winter cold

How was your long weekend? While we did manage to make it up north and fit in a day of skiing we ended up back at home early yesterday both sick with a nasty cold. Curled up in bed I did manage to knock another nominated movie off my "to watch" list. I watched August: Osage County and found it to be a telling, emotional tale about the complexities of family dynamics.

At first I was conflicted with the feelings some of this years nominations were leaving me with, but the more I watch the more I realize the films are meant to evoke emotions - that aren't always going to be happy and pleasant but that that is part of the art form of the story and the acting - and with that realization I have taken on a new kind of enjoyment.

Have you seen August: Osage County? I love anything with Julia Roberts and this was no let down, she must be one of the most beautiful women ever. Meryl Streep is also fantastic in it. Watch the trailer here.

So far my pick is for Matthew to win for Dallas Buyers Club and 12 Years a Slave to Win Best Picture - my two cents in case you were wondering. Will you tune into the Oscars on March 2nd?


No comments:

Post a Comment