Wednesday, February 5, 2014

pay it forward


Yesterday I got tagged in a Facebook post instructing me that I had 24 hours to 'Pay It Forward'. A friend had left a gift card for a coffee shop for an unassuming patron and I had been 'tagged' and was to perform a random act of kindness for a stranger in the next day. While the idea of paying it forward wasn't something new, I appreciated the pressure to make that effort. An effort to be kind and thoughtful - something that can so easily be forgotten in a daily routine.
This morning I wrote a little note and paid for an extra coffee and muffin at my favorite local coffee shop. The owner promised to pass on my little note and treat someone for their order later on in the day. I'm looking forward to going back tomorrow to hear about the reaction of the recipient.

I tagged two friends to continue paying it forward, but would love to encourage and 'tag' all my readers. You're IT! Pay it forward - do something kind for a stranger. The joy of giving is a joy worth experiencing more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment