Monday, March 24, 2014

joshua tree national park


One of my wishes while visiting Palm Desert was that we attempt a visit to Joshua Tree National Park. Luckily from where we were staying, the park was only about a 30 minute drive, and my wish was granted mid way through our week. We got up early to try and beat the heat, but as it turns out the desert is pretty darn chilly! Luckily we had brought sweaters, but with elevations ranging from 900 too 5,000 feet above sea level, it's not really surprising it gets windy. We drove through the park from south to north and stopped for a two hour hike along the Lost Horse Trail. After our hike, we stopped before leaving the park so that D and I could do some climbing on the big boulders. The child in me wanted to climb to the top, but the adult in me forecasted the trouble we might have coming down... So we got a great photo from half way up. 
We saw a ton of different cacti and more joshua trees then we could count! I always love exploring the natural landscapes of places we visit and our morning in Joshua Tree provided us with beautiful, rustic memories of the Mohave Desert. 



















No comments:

Post a Comment