Thursday, November 3, 2016

wedding update


We're less then four months away now until wedding day, (later this month, the 100 day countdown will begin - which just seems crazy!) I wanted to share a few updates on recent progress...

Invitations: The design has officially been sent off to the printer! I cannot wait to see how all the elements come together. We're mailing out the invites ourselves, and I'm looking forward to sitting down to stuff envelopes and allowing ourselves to get excited about the idea of having all the people we love in one place. I cannot say enough good things about Lexi at Paper & Poste - she has been a dream to work with and it feels like talking with an old friend over the epic email thread.

Flowers: We're thrilled to be able to work with Jackie O - they're based out of Liberty Village and designed the florals at a friends wedding last year, which were absolutely breath taking. It took a bit of negotiation, but was worth every ounce of effort to arrive at our final decision. We're already on hugging terms with the staff and I truly have every confidence that Todd and his team are going to transform the space into something more beautiful than we could ever dream of.

Band: We are happy to share that Soular will have the dance floor rocking all. night. long. We've heard through the grapevine that they're terrific and they played a family friends wedding and had my Dad dancing on tables - which is always a good sign, right?!
There will be live music playing during the ceremony and throughout cocktails and then the party will continue after dinner! I think my Dad has picked a song for our father daughter dance (which I think is so sweet), but D and I still have a choice to make for our first dance (I think we have it narrowed down to an old favorite though).

My 'look': I recently returned to Sash & Bustle to shop for earrings and left with more then I bargained for. I've found the final piece to complete my bridal look and am bursting with excitement at how everything has come together. I will have some alterations to take care of once everything arrives but I can envision the final look and can't wait for D to see me!
I also found shoes, which was stressing me out slighting, so I'm glad that's resolved!. They are Badgley Mischka with a small kitten heel and girly sparkly details - very 'bridal'.


We've successfully made it through the major decisions and have come to a place where we just have to keep working away at the smaller decisions (minus D's suit - which is just as important as the dress ;). I actually had a dream (read: nightmare) earlier this week about the wedding - all the decor was pink, my hair style had completely fallen out and I showed up without writing my vows! I woke up and was relieved to realize that with all the planning we've already done, and the time we have left to attend to the details, we are sure to avoid the disaster in my nightmare and will be able to pull off a near perfect wedding day!

Left to Do:
- Plan ceremony & write vows (which I expect to be a very emotional exercise) 
- Suits & dresses for the bridal party
- Make favors

No comments:

Post a Comment