Wednesday, September 19, 2012

foodie favorite: tom kha gai


I decided to try making Tom Kha Gai (Thai coconut soup) when we got out here to the West Coast. It's my absolute favorite soup and I'm always wanting to order numerous bowls of it anytime I go for Thai food. I followed this recipe and had no trouble finding all the ingredients at the local grocery store. One benefit of being on the ocean is that we got to use fresh shrimp we caught earlier in the day! I chose light coconut milk in an effort to be waist wise, but I think regular coconut milk might provide a bit more creaminess. Also, the chillies - they're deadly, I bought about six and ended up adding only one without seeds - so be cautious when adding them in! 







( although I'm smiling in this photo - my fingers were on fire! the oil from the chillies got into my skin when I was cutting them up and I spent the rest of the night soaking my fingers in a bowl of ice milk ) 
http://shiokfood.com/notes/archives/000025.html

No comments:

Post a Comment