Monday, September 10, 2012

organized chaos



I went on a search for a certain long-forgotten bracelet to wear on my birthday last week, and when I had to practically dig it out of my jewelry drawer, I got sucked into reorganizing (read: the OCD in me wouldn't let me leave the drawer looking like a disaster). A before picture would have been too embarrassing to share, but I am pleased with the outcome! Makes sense to me and now I know where everything is. And it should make packing my jewelry for BC and Alaska this afternoon much easier :)

Plus, I always figure if a robber were to come into my room, my jewelry is safer in my little drawers then if I kept it all in my jewelry box. Admittedly, I do have another jewelry box (not pictured) that's filled with chunky bracelets and extra earrings and some other items that I don't wear as much. It's beautiful and wooden with lots of little drawers and brassy, gold detailing - a hand me down from my mother that I've recently come to love!

Do you have a jewelry box? or a secret drawer? Do you keep boxes from jewelry purchases?! 
(I always have a hard time throwing away pretty boxes!)

No comments:

Post a Comment