Monday, January 20, 2014

86th academy awards


Are you into awards season so far? I'm loving it and for me it started with my favorite - the Golden Globes! It's always fun to watch the TV and movie stars in a more relaxed, (read: alcohol fueled) environment. That being said, there's no denying the major movie 'must-have' award is an Oscar. We're doing our best to work through the Best Picture nominations - with a few other Best/Supporting Actor/Actress flicks thrown in.
We watched Dallas Buyers Club on Saturday night and both D and I were thoroughly impressed. Both Matthew McConnaughey and Jared Leto made such intense transformations in their roles - to me, it truly exemplified actors perfecting their craft. The story line details a heavy subject matter but it is done so wonderfully. A movie must-see in my opinion.
Our goal is to see all ten Best Picture movies before March 2nd! Please let me know if you have any recommendations.

Oh - and incase the Oscars weren't great enough - Ellen is hosting this year. Bonus!

No comments:

Post a Comment