Monday, January 13, 2014

sugared cranberries




I had quite the plans to scratch-bake a big birthday cake for a family celebration earlier in December, but with the rush of the holiday visitors and parties, time seemed to quickly slip away. Instead, I picked up a red velvet cake from the bakery across the street (giving myself a pat on the back for that brilliant move) and decorated the otherwise simple cake to make it birthday ready. My design fell a little bit short of my inspiration photo but I think the sugared cranberries still added a wonderful, wintery sparkle.

To sugar cranberries I simply mixed a little honey with some warm water. I tossed the cranberries in the sticky liquid, then rolled them in granulated sugar. Then I lined a baking sheet with parchment and put the berries in the freezer until the sugar had set.

No comments:

Post a Comment