Thursday, July 30, 2015

a tad bit ridiculous


It's been a busy week as the fun has continued into this week with a dinner at Big Crow with friends on Tuesday and a Blue Jays game tonight with friends. Our weekend was quite eventful, so much so, that I wanted to share a few peaks & pits from our extended weekend away...

Peak: Getting to visit with our friends from Vancouver. We had the greatest time chatting and catching up.

Pit: I dropped my phone in the lake! I felt like such a dork jumping in after it. It turned on and was working, but unfortunately the charger port was beyond repair. (secret peak: a new iphone 6!)

Peak: Getting to swim in the lake. I must have jumped in close to ten times! There's nothing better.

Pit: The sauna at our friends cottage caught on fire! It was one of the craziest/most terrifying things instantly being reminded how powerful fire is. Luckily, so many cottagers and camp staff came to help and we got everything under control... One of those memories we will be able to look back on, right?

Peak: Celebrating my cousins wedding in Elliot Lake. She made the most beautiful bride and it was so fun celebrating and dancing the night away with family.

Pit: Getting pulled over by the OPP on the way into Elliot Lake....

Peak: ...Mentioning we were headed to a wedding and name dropping my cousins name and being let off the hook! (talk about small town perks!)


Overall, the goodtimes completely outweighed the bad, but looking back at the weekend away it was a bit more spirited then we had anticipated! I will share some more photos from our time away just as soon as I manage to get another phone! Hope you're enjoying your week...xx

PS. The blog went a bit wonky this week and I couldn't sort out how to fix it... Jump past 'happy hump day' to see two posts from earlier this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment