Thursday, March 21, 2013

breakfast of champions


D watched a cooking show recently where the chef made eggs. He took note of all the tips and has since been making us the most delicious eggs every morning. I put my own little twist on them today adding green onion and Balderson cheddar and devoured them. I always added milk to make my eggs fluffy and seasoned them before cooking - both tricks that apparently aren't useful! I thought I would share what we've learned...

1.) Heat the pan up hot, hot, hot and melt your butter/heat your oil.
2.) Turn the heat down to low right before adding your eggs.
3.) Whisk your eggs for a solid minute or more.
4.) Don't add anything to the eggs before putting them in the pan. No S&P. No liquid.
5.) Keep the eggs moving in the pan, stirring constantly. Don't overcook.
6.) If you're adding cheese, stir it in at the last second so that it melts to get gooey and stringy.
7.) Season once the eggs are served.

Maybe this is all common knowledge? But I've been so impressed with our eggs as of late, that if it wasn't common knowledge, I thought it should be. Egg-cellent eggs are on the rise.

No comments:

Post a Comment