Wednesday, March 27, 2013

dinner party preparation


I'm somewhat of an organizational freak. Always wanting to schedule, make lists and make sure every last detail is in place. Regardless of my personal tendencies, when grocery shopping for a dinner party, I think lists can be very helpful. I'm a big fan of grocery shopping and know my local store very well, so I organized my list according to the way I shop the store (i.e. deli then bakery then produce then dry/canned goods). I also went to the store today in preparation for Friday - that way if they don't have anything I need, I have time to look elsewhere. I also like to remind myself to check the cupboards for things I might already have.

My goal in terms of food for the party is that I essentially want to make a table long version of the tastiest cheese platter ever. For me this includes cheese, crackers/bread, fruit, nuts, olives, pickles, pate, meat and sauce/tapenade/chutney, etc. Nothing too complicated, but I'm hoping that by keeping it simple we can really just enjoy some wine and cheese and girl talk.

No comments:

Post a Comment