Thursday, January 7, 2016

my favorite podcasts

Do you listen to podcasts? Until not long ago, I always wondered what the little purple unused app on my iphone was for. But last years buzz about Serial got me wondering... what exactly am I missing out on? One of the things I missed most about commuting in a car was listening to talk radio, and podcasts have completely filled that void (even over satisfied in some ways because there's no music interruptions!). The hosts are engaging and you start to feel like your listening in on a friends conversation. I have subscribed to a few podcasts and as new episodes become available they will download under the 'unplayed' tab when I'm connected to wifi and then I'm free to listen to them whenever I'd like.


A spooky story about a town of 350 people who all of the sudden just disappear one night. It's creepy at times and a little weird, but still a gripping plot line that keeps you coming back for more. 


Season 1 was probably one of my most popular podcasts ever and I totally get why. It was like a suspense thriller movie, and I hated getting to work and having to turn it off. 
Season 2 is about a US army man named Beau and his escape/capture in Afghanistan. I've only just started it, but I know it's going to be good. 


The name says it all - the topics are all about the subjects we tend to avoid - death, sex and money. The host Anna Sale interviews different people each week and the topics range so widely, some are sad, some lighthearted. I love looking forward to what each episode is going to be about. She does follow up calls with popular interviewees too, and it's so fun to hear updates!

+ + + + + 

I'd love to know, what podcasts are you listening to? Or what were some of your past favorites?

No comments:

Post a Comment