Tuesday, April 12, 2016

a decorative touch


One of my favorite parts of gift giving is easily presentation. Even if it's a small gesture, with a little effort and creativity, it's easy to make a gift feel extra special with pretty wrapping. I've got a stash of about 15 rolls of wrapping paper, and a drawer full of ribbon and stamps but my recent go-to wrapping accessory has been tape. I tend to pick up rolls as I notice them, in craft boutiques or in local shops - they never really cost more then $5 and they're easy to tuck away in my drawer at home.
I'll use them as a substitute for scotch tape or to add a more decorative look to an otherwise ordinary parcel. I also love layering the patterns and colors of tape, paper and ribbon. The world of diy crafting has thought up hundreds of ways to use washi tape and here are a couple ways from gifts I wrapped up this week...


{ the gold adds a fun sparkle }


{ the black & white stripe added a stylish touch to a structured box }


No comments:

Post a Comment