Tuesday, April 5, 2016

travel squad


{ California }

NY Mag's article, Escape Your Scene, Not Your Squad has me inspired to get planning a vacation with friends. When we were younger I remember going on annual ski trips with neighborhood friends and I've continued traveling with friends in my 20's for cottage weekends or music festivals and I can happily say it's always worked out pretty well. I'm usually somewhat sleep deprived returning home, but otherwise I've never really had a horrible experience.

While I love one-on-one vacations with D (and would certainly not forfeit them for only group vacations), I can definitely appreciate the appeal of vacationing with friends. The logic is hard to compete with - it's simply an economy of scale, the more people splitting in on the vacation home, the cheaper it gets. If you plan ahead, you can scour the internet for flight deals and even research cheaper costs of flying out of alternate airports. 

Picking a group you travel well with might take a bit of trial and error, but if the destination and surroundings is great enough, I'm sure nothing would be worthy of ending a friendship over. I would consider activity levels, budget and alcohol consumption as important when choosing who to travel with and the article makes some other terrific suggestions that should not be overlooked. 

Check out NY Mag's 18 jaw-dropping group vacation pads here. Compared to some swanky hotel rates, most of the price per person rates are shocking!


{ Netherlands }


{ Brazil }


{ Costa Rica }


{ Sicily }


{ Sweden }


{ Italy }

I'd love to know, do you or have you traveled with friends? Would you be interested in planning a trip with a group of friends?

No comments:

Post a Comment