Friday, April 29, 2016

the best day ever


As I mentioned last Friday, Drew and I had our first bike date planned and we had reservations to check out a new Greek restaurant on Ossington. When I got home from work on Friday, Drew enthusiastically made me a cocktail and I mosey'd around, changing my outfit five times and fixing my make up. We have a Polaroid camera and have all our beloved photos posted on display in the back hall and Drew mentioned that he hadn't made an appearance on the polaroid boards in a while and suggested that we should take a photo. I'll happily take advantage of any opportunity for a photo together, so I set up the camera for a timed selfie. Little did I know what Drew had planned.... As I set it up and went to press the button he asked "how much time does the timer give us", to which I replied "10 seconds" and ran back to stand beside him. He looked me in the eye and told me how much he loved me right before getting down on one knee, just in time for the best photo ever. 

We stood crying and smiling in the kitchen for the next hour and called to tell our family. We sipped on champagne and I was shaking as I kept saying "I can't believe we're engaged!". I had hoped he had something in the works but Drew certainly caught me off guard, in the best way. Drew did a wonderful job on having my ring custom made, and its far exceeded any idea of what I had imagined I wanted, it's absolutely perfect. We ended up missing our reservation but met up with my parents and continued celebrating over dinner and drinks. We privately enjoyed the news together last weekend and have slowly been sharing the news with friends and family over this past week. We've had so much fun announcing the news and it's been so great seeing peoples reactions. It's amazing to be surrounded by so much love and excitement and we can't wait for all that lies ahead. 

This is easily the happiest time in our lives and I feel so lucky to be sharing it with Drew. We're headed to Costa Rica next weekend and we've chosen to forego any serious wedding talk until after we get back and are just enjoying the engagement with friends and family.




{ This has got to be the coolest blog post I've written to date :) Thanks for sharing in life's milestones with me. xx } 

1 comment:

  1. wow so exciting! looking forward to following the wedding planning and seeing the ring!

    ReplyDelete