Thursday, October 4, 2012

chocolate cake


As I've said before, birthdays are special and deserve to be celebrated. What better way to celebrate than with chocolate cake right!? And a five tiered chocolate cake at that! It's D's moms birthday and we figured what better occasion to get back into baking. I haven't baked anything in so long and it felt really great to be back in the kitchen with a familiar recipe and to get that feeling of satisfaction with such yummy results. I followed this cake recipe that I've shared previously  (seriously, if you haven't made this cake, just do it already - it really is so moist and amazing); and this frosting recipe - I added extra powdered cocoa and a little bit of milk to thin it out - I think it tastes like chocolate soft serve :)






No comments:

Post a Comment