Thursday, October 25, 2012

creative expressions

{color palette, brush and watercolor paper }

I've been on a bit of a creative whim lately and was inspired to pick up some watercolors. The only time I've ever used watercolors was in elementary school and with the new palette I had somewhat higher aspirations. I figured I'd start off with greeting cards and gift tags. I cut one of the pieces of watercolor paper into four and drew a simple graphic with a permanent marker then just added some color. On the back I just drew a simple postcard outline. For the gift tag, I decided to try mixing and blending the different blues. I think I would use a different brush or even a sponge next time to blend the colors a little better but I'm pleased with the results so far! I love the soft, milky result of the colors melting into the thick, textured paper and hopefully with practice I'll get even better. 

{ greeting card }

{ tags before paint }

{ tag after paint }

No comments:

Post a Comment