Monday, October 15, 2012

cleanse



This morning, D and I started a seven day cleanse. After Europe (seven weeks of wine, cheese and prosciutto), camp (ten weeks of fried, unhealthy, bland, repetitive foods) and B.C (four weeks of seafood drowned in butter) we felt the need to flush our bodies of the excesses we've been indulging in. It's our first cleanse and we decided on one from GNC that was recommended for first timers - as it is not too intense (the one we're doing is on sale here). 
There's a food guide that has an itemized eating plan and a list of foods to eat. We loaded up on fresh fruit and veggies as well as lean meat and fish. After finishing day 1, I'm not hungry and am satisfied with what we got to eat - which is usually where I lose interest with diets and cleanses! 
Each day, you take nine pills(plus a daily multi vitamin- separate from the cleanse) plus a packet of fibre mixed with water or fresh juice.  
I was a little worried I wasn't going to be very motivated to stick with this, but having someone to encourage me throughout the week - I think we'll have a successful week! I'll update you later on in the week.

I'm curious, have you done a cleanse before? How long was it? What were you allowed to eat and drink?! DId you lose any weight? Would you do another one?

1 comment: