Wednesday, May 22, 2013

origin liberty


Origin has been on my list of restaurants to try for a very long time. I still haven't visited the original location but we made it over to Origin Liberty last week. The menu is made for sharing and four of us ordered six dishes in total. I find it's rare that every dish is super tasty, but I was happy to find it was the case here. The space was large and modern and shockingly empty for being in Liberty Village - but apparently Friday and Saturday are their big nights. 

I didn't photograph all the food but I did manage to get three of the dishes we tried. The fresh mozzarella was served on baguette, topped pear and was drizzled with honey and sea salt. Their spin on a beet salad was to serve a whole beet with a yummy yogurt sauce and goats cheese. And finally, the calamari was so tender and had an amazing caramelized spicy peanut sauce. We also had the arctic char, tostada with guacamole and tomatillo salsa and then spicy spanish fried that were so deliciously crispy! I would be tempted to order what we've already tasted, but there's still lots of new things I'd love to try. 

Check out the menu and see what you think - what would you try?





No comments:

Post a Comment