Sunday, May 19, 2013

playa cabana cantina


Last week I had dinner with girlfriends at Playa Cabana Cantina- the sister restaurant of Playa Cabana. As before, the experience didn't disappoint. I'm not typically a fan of Mexican food, but this restaurant has converted me, and our waiter proudly announced that that's what they do - convert people into to loving Mexican food. Always a creature of habit, I had the exact same meal I had at Playa Cabana (braised steak burrito and grapefruit margarita) and it was just as good as I remembered. A new restaurant that takes reservations, has good food, strong drinks, friendly staff and a laid back atmosphere is a spot that has all the ingredients to become a quick favorite in my books.

{ Grapefruit Margarita }

{ A tequilla-spiked sangria }

{ Plate sized burritos }



When we were out for dinner my girlfriends suggested that I start a restaurant guide on the blog. Toronto has so many restaurants and it can be hard to try to navigate what's good and what's worth trying. Working (and soon to be living downtown), I do love to eat out and am a total foodie and would love to share my thoughts on some of the spots I visit. I have two awesome restaurants coming up soon and hopefully many more over the coming months! I'm hoping I can help suggest some tasty new spots to chow down and inspire you to explore the city.

No comments:

Post a Comment