Monday, April 6, 2015

how to make the best caesar salad


Believe it or not, when I was younger I went through a really long phase where I refused to eat caesar salad. I have since come to my senses, but still am somewhat picky about what makes a really good caesar. I always love fresh croutons and prefer an oily dressing, rather then creamy. While it takes a little bit more effort, I think it's worth making the salad essentials yourself. Hot and crunchy croutons, fresh and crispy bacon bits and homemade dressing truly makes a delicious and crave-worthy caesar salad. 








How to Make: Caesar Salad
{ 2 large servings }

Bacon Bits
5 pieces of bacon, cooked until crispy
cut & crumbled
(save some of the fat) 

Bacon Fat Croutons
fresh baguette cut into cubes
pan fried in bacon fat
season with truffle salt

Peel ribbons of fresh parmesan (as much as you want!)

Chop up 2 heads of romaine

Barbeque 2 chicken breasts 
Seasoned with salt & pepper, lemon juice, garlic & olive oil

Follow this caesar salad dressing recipe

Dress salad and serve. Then top each plate with croutons, bacon, cheese and chicken - I like to do it this way, so the toppings get shared evenly. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment