Monday, February 29, 2016

a local


Something funny happened this weekend that left me with such a satisfied confirmation that I am now officially a  Roncy 'local'.

Saturday morning D and I had massages booked. Our masseuse works out of her home, so I drive over first, then return home for D to make his appointment. I had arrived home, kissed him goodbye and decided to go for a walk to grab a coffee at our favorite shop Extra Butter. It's one of my favorite weekend rituals, walking down, usually hand-in-hand with D to get a coffee and croissant.

Cassie, the owner, greeted me in her normal friendly way and I ordered a cappuccino, berry croissant and a pound of the house medium blend for weekday morning coffees. I waited patiently as my cappuccino was prepared and my coffee ground. As the barista passed my coffee across the counter, I picked it up, croissant in my other hand, and headed home to relax and shower.

I had a passing thought as I went to hop in the shower about how I didn't remember carrying the coffee home but didn't think much more of it. Low and behold, Cassie emailed me later that night, asking if it was at possible I left my coffee on the counter. Of course, it was mine! I apologized explaining that my brain is fueled solely by caffeine.

The fact that she took note of our interaction, enough to remember that the pound of ground coffee left behind was mine, was such a great feeling. (We've used Extra Butter for some catering needs in the past year, which explains the coffee shop having my email address.) When we moved into Roncesvalles we knew nothing of the neighborhood. We've enjoyed settling in and it really is a wonderful area to call home. We have our favorite coffee shop, boutique where we pick up gifts and our favorite bar to unwind with a pint. It truly feels like we're officially Roncy locals.

No comments:

Post a Comment