Friday, January 25, 2013

interview jitters


We all get a little anxious when a job interview is nearing. The fear of the unknown and not knowing what to expect - it can be intimidating. In the job search, I've had some interviews recently, and have one coming up next week and am always open to tips on how to best present myself and make a good impression. I thought I would share some interview stories, advice and inspirations that have been helping me along...

What 13 different ladies wore to their interviews with Anna Wintour.

Thank you Damsel for your interview styling tips.

For next weeks interview I'm looking to these gals for some inspiration... Aimee Song's edgy attitude, the Courtin-Clarins Girls for their classic sassy grace and lastly - some Canadian love with Christie Smythe and Andrea Lenczner.

My personal tips for an interview.
1. Wear something you're comfortable in. The nerves are bad enough, you don't want to be re-adjusting your skirt or worrying about falling over in too-high heels.
2. Be yourself. Let your clothes tell your interviewer something about you. Maybe a necklace that's a family heirloom or a bag you got while on vacation.
3. Dress professionally. Deep cleavage or a short skirt just aren't gunna cut it! Keep it classy and win your employers over with a charming smile and your wonderful conversation skills.

No comments:

Post a Comment