Monday, January 14, 2013

potato latkes


One of my most favorite childhood memories is going to Leafs games with my Dad and him taking me for potato rosti before. It's a relatively simple dish but I associate it with such happy nostalgia. I found this recipe and was excited to try to recreate the memories with the start of the Leafs season quickly approaching. It took a little bit of prep, peeling and grating the potatoes, but the crispy deliciousness of the final product was totally worth it. I substituted the grated onion for green onion and didn't use quite as much oil as suggested. And I personally enjoy the latkes with ketchup and sour cream! Enjoy!



{ Draining the potatoes is probably the most important step of the recipe. It's unbelievable how much water D squeezed out! We used a j-cloth to drain the shredded potatoes! }


{ Once you've drained the potatoes and added in the egg and flour, the mixture should be relatively thick and dry }





No comments:

Post a Comment