Tuesday, November 13, 2012

grand electric


{ scribbles on a piece of copy paper = drinks menu }

On Saturday night D, my parents and I headed down to try the acclaimed Mexican joint, Grand Electric. When we pulled up there was a massive line stretching down Queen Street. Luckily it was just a crowd lined up for the restaurant to open at 6, and we made it without much of a wait. It's a casual, t-shirt and jeans kinda place, with a laid back vibe, loud tunes and communal tables - a great place to go with friends. There are about 8 different types of tacos on the menu, 2-3 bites for $3.50 each. They also have a menu of sides/appetizers, ranging from about $6-$9 - we tried four different ones and  everything we had was delicious! I couldn't pick a favorite taco, both the ones I tried were awesome.  

If you're looking for a place with great food and drinks and a cool vibe, I'd definitely give Grand Electric a try! Just be warned, they don't take credit cards, and apparently you can almost always expect a line! But it's worth the wait, I promise!!

{ spicy caesar rimmed with ketchup chips }

{ the remnants of the super tasty homemade tortilla chips, guacamole and salsa }

{ beef cheek taco }

{ baja fish taco }

{ the AH-mazing desserts : hell cake, pumpkin pudding & key lime pie }

{ learning how to say scorpion in Mexican, will come in handy at some point, I'm sure }

{ a little heart hiding in my beer foam }
{ ps. this is the only bar in Toronto that serves Bellwoods Brewery beer! }







No comments:

Post a Comment