Monday, November 5, 2012

the royal


This past weekend, D and I took my Grandma to The Royal Agricultural Winter Fair at the Direct Energy Centre. I vaguely remember visiting the fair as a youngster but couldn't really recall what to expect. The fair was celebrating 90 years and even my Grandma told us how she visited the fair as a student 70 years ago. We spent a few hours walking around exploring. We tasted some of the amazing meats and cheeses from Ontario farms, and came home with some feta and flavored goats cheeses. We browsed the equestrian fashions - which are actually quite stylish! The leather boot selection was drool worthy - there was even a shop that would custom fit the boot of your choice - with over 200 style options. We finished off by visiting the farm animals, my favorites being the piglets and chicks - really doesn't get much cuter than baby farm animals. The fair is on until November 11, if you're looking for a fun way to spend a few hours, I'd suggest checking out The Royal!





No comments:

Post a Comment