Monday, November 12, 2012

I know what santa's bringing me for christmas


My Mom, D and I had some fun at Sherway on Sunday spending mad money*. While perusing the mall, trying to decide what to choose, I came across this coat at the BCBG pop-up store at The Bay. I have been on the search for a black dress coat and this coat met all the items on my check list; 1. metal neutral (buttons are black), 2. detailed (leather trimmed & flirty, skirted back) and 3. most importantly -great fit! So the story goes... I tried it on at The Bay, fell in love, nearly choked when I saw the pricetag, and left the store sans coat.
Later on last night, D asks what the coat looks like, so I look up the coat on the website and notice the American price, which is almost $100 less! Then, I see that there's an additional 20% and free shipping?! adkljnfa!?? The coat is $200 cheaper online - what the heck!
Ms. Claus (aka Holl-Doll) looks over at me, and gives me the go ahead for it to be ordered as a Christmas gift and as I proceed to the checkout, only to realize you need both an American credit card and shipping address. Boo. 
One might think the journey ends there. Nope. Called my Aunt in Milwaukee for a credit card number, and searched facebook for all my American friends - one of whom is coming up for a visit next weekend! It was probably the most random order form, billing to one state, shipping to another and email updates to me. But- long story short, the jacket is on it's way!!! I love a good bargain!

I just have to say, how ridiculous is it that shoppers in America get to save $200 on the exact same product?! If this was a rare situation, it might not be so bad, but it seems everything is cheaper in the states!

*Mad Money: A tradition that D's family shared with me. Usually on December 26,27 or 28, you go to the mall and each member of the family gets a set amount of money in cash from Mom and Dad. Then you decide on the time frame (i.e. an hour) and you split up. Each person spends the time searching for something they want. Mad money is not to be spend on needs! Time to indulge in what you want! At the end of the set time frame you meet back up, and any money you didn't spend gets given back to Mom and Dad! I did it one year with D's family and we had so much fun meeting up after the hour to see what each person had chosen and gotten with their money! Maybe a new tradition to try with your family?!

No comments:

Post a Comment